Lab Coordinator – 12m FTC
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our busy laboratory is seeking an organised and proactive Laboratory Coordinator on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. You will work alongside the Scientists to create, improve and implement processes to support the department. You will be coordinating stock, maintenance of equipment and ensuring a general smooth operation of the laboratory. This is initially a 12m fixed term contract.
- Coordinating all laboratory equipment and systems including maintaining stock levels and ordering materials
- Managing deliveries to the department
- Driven to improve current processes, saving on costs and equipment maintenance
- Liaising with colleagues in other departments, not limited to Engineering, Site Laboratory Services,
- Coordinating new starter training, including laboratory training
- Acting as a departmental Environment, Health and Safety representative
- Experience of stock management (lab experience is desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to perform routine calculations
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working with defined processes
- Experience of using electronic and paper based record systems
- Able to work as part of teams with representatives from multiple departments and agree distribution of responsibility for activities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.