Junior Procurement Coordinator/Buyer
James Fisher and Sons plc.
Junior Procurement Coordinator/Buyer
James Fisher Subtech deploys specialist technical marine (offshore and nearshore) support for projects and services supporting construction, civil works, O&M, and decommissioning activities for the renewables, oil & gas, and salvage markets globally.
To provide support to the department as instructed by the Procurement Manager, assisting with the procurement of parts, equipment and services that are required to support company operations and projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Source equipment and services from suppliers to support all departments, projects and builds, taking into account cost, availability and quality requirements
- Support all activities of the purchasing function to ensure that all parts are delivered on time, to budget and to the appropriate revision and quality
- Process material requisitions in a timely manner, whilst maintaining of understanding of priorities
- Ensure that purchase orders are raised correctly and in line with company procedures
- Communicate any purchasing issues to the Purchasing Manager and internal customers as appropriate
- Assist the Accounts Department in making sure that invoices can be correctly matched and processed, helping to resolve any queries as they arise
- Support the Purchasing Manager in the collation of any reports that may be required
- Keeping project files and job spreadsheets up to date and accurate
- Have a flexible approach to creative problem solving and process improvement, learning from experience and supporting the implementation and communication of new workflows when appropriate
- Remain self-motivated and flexible within the work environment and be willing to work in other areas of the business as requested by your Manager
- Have a flexible attitude to attendance, both in line with the requirements of the role, and any specific requirements of the Management
- Ensure that companywide policies and procedures are adhered to wherever and whenever appropriate
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment, working within company COSHH guidelines and ensuring that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are met
- To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and are pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department, James Fisher Maine Services and the James Fisher Group
Who we are looking for:
You will ideally have knowledge of procurement processes, systems and tools with strong time management, organisational skills.
You will need good verbal and written skills and ideally knowledge of using SAGE.
IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
Self-motivated, able to work under own initiative, thrive in a challenging environment, be approachable and have a flexible attitude.
Be calm approach and able to work under pressure with a confident, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Qualifications & Experience:
GCSE Maths and English to Grade C or above is desirable.
Ideally experience of working in a similar role or previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment or service sector industry.
Previous experience of working in a position that has involved scheduling and planning would be advantageous.
Working towards, or willingness to undertake Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualifications.
A genuine career opportunity with an industry leader!
Due to the volume of applications that we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
James Fisher is proud to be a Disability Confident employer, enabling us to attract and retain a wider pool of talent, as we recognise that our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce.
We strive to ensure that we enable employees with disabilities to reach their potential (including anyone who becomes disabled whilst employed with James Fisher), ensuring that their training, career development and promotion needs are met by providing reasonable adjustments, and they're treated fairly. For more information Click here