IT Support Manager
Splash Damage Limited
About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Please note before applying: Due to the nature of this role, we will require the successful candidate to live within commuting distance of our studio in Bromley, UK. The candidate will also need to be able to commit to fully onsite work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will help lead and mentor the IT support team to provide an outstanding support service to all SD users. The candidate will lead the team and is responsible for operating the Service Desk within the IT Department. To develop a Customer first culture within the team as they represent the main route for all Splash Damage Group users to access the Group IT Services.
What you will do…
- Manage the team of frontline support engineers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Splash Damage technical support operation.
- Provide technical support (when required) to tickets escalated from frontline. Diagnosing, troubleshooting, resolution of tickets, escalating to third line where necessary.
- Grow the team, providing mentorship and coaching to junior team members, whilst developing the support function to deliver world-class technical support driving end-user satisfaction.
- Engage in escalation meetings, and coordinate all support communications with our customers.
- Engage with customer steering groups recording feedback and suggesting changes and improvements.
What you will need to succeed…
Confidence in communicating with developers and internal customers
Excellent customer communication skills
Previous team and stakeholder management
Prior service desk experience
Attention to detail
Cross-functional coordination with multiple disciplines and teams.
Ability to prioritise tasks
Capable of working independently and handling ticket volumes
Can-do attitude, eagerness to learn and make improvements.
Fanatical knowledge of PC Gaming hardware including peripherals, sound cards, graphics cards, and drivers.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.