James Fisher and Sons plc.
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Norwich or Great Yarmouth based – Hybrid working
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our HR Generalist will be responsible for delivery of a full range of human resource services within the division. You be the ‘go to’ for all HR matters in your business area acting as the primary interface for all employees and management within the businesses.
We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will need a good working knowledge of employment law and regulations, compensation, and benefits management and of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities. You will work autonomously with a huge support network of HR colleagues and your Manager the Head of HR.
- To act as the first point of contact for advice and problem solving in the areas of employee relations: disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence management, mentoring and coaching managers, where appropriate.
- Escalate any employee relations cases to the HR Business Partner where necessary.
- Drive employee development plans and performance management
- To advise, guide and support managers with all HR matters
- Effective case management of people related issues, support as appropriate by the HR Business Partner.
- Leading on boarding in the division, in conjunction with resourcing team
- Leading the probation process for the division including mid-probation
- Employee check ins, pro-actively chasing and follow up
- Developing effective relationships within the division
- Monitoring the employee relations climate and escalating trends or concerns to the HR Business Partner where appropriate
- Monitor and lead employee engagement processes e.g. new starter surveys, stay interviews, exit questionnaires and interview, reviewing trends and providing recommendations to HR Business Partner
- Gather and provide people data reports
- Write and present information briefings on a range of HR topics
- Support the HR Divisional team to deliver HR projects
- Actively participate and contribute to the HR Generalist network, globally within the group.
Qualifications and Experience
You will be CIPD Level 3 with the experience listed above and the ability to create and analyse people data with sound problem solving and judgement skills. Experience of employment law within other countries is desirable, but not essential
You can find out more about James Fisher & Sons group companies and valued behaviours by watching a short film here:
Due to the volume of applications, we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment
James Fisher and Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and strongly encourage applications for candidates from all backgrounds. ?We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and recognise that?our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce. For more information Click here