HP – Occupational Health Nurse Advisor
Hull, East Yorkshire
Courtland Road, Hull
£37,074 – £39,942
Type of Contract
Role: Occupational Health Nurse Advisor
Department: People Services (PES)
Salary: £37,074 – £39,942
Location: Courtland Road, Hull
Hours: 37 hours
Contract: Temporary contract for 6 months (May – November 2023)
Humberside Police are looking for an Occupational Health Nurse Advisor to join us on a six-month contract. This is a great opportunity to work for our Force, supporting the Senior Occupational Health Nurse Advisors in providing an efficient, effective and proactive Occupational Health and Welfare Service. The Occupation Health team contribute to the Force’s objectives ensuring they maintain and promote a healthy workforce.
The post holder will undertake a range of pre-employment medical screenings, which can include examining questionnaires and undertaking audio-metric and vision tests. As well as organising and carrying out periodic health checks for ‘at risk’ staff. This requires a high level of communication, both written and verbal, to ensure accurate information is relayed to internal and external parties, including new employees, line managers and external agencies.
Occupational Health Nurse Advisors will provide advice and guidance to support supervisors on matters affecting staff health and welfare, with the aim of improving staff attendance and preventing absence. The work will be carried out in such a way as to ensure that health, safety and welfare legislation is not breached.
What is required:
- G.N. Qualified and OHN Certificate or equivalent.
- Proven nursing experience working in a health environment in a medium/large organisation.
- Experience of conducting eyesight, audio, health surveillance, screening, medical checks and workplace assessments, risk assessments.
- Ability to interpret and analyse medical information.
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
- Able to identify and introduce ‘care plans’.
- Demonstrates attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to make and justify routine decisions using initiative and judgement through the analysis and medical information/examination.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills good communication and presentation skills.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
Why Join Humberside Police?
Humberside Police have policies in place to support a good work-life balance and employee well-being.
Further benefits are;
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Flexible working where applicable
- Generous pension scheme
- Blue Light Discount
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Internal applicants MUST have completed a successful 6 month probationary period and tenure (if applicable) before applying for another role within the force.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria of at least 5 years to apply for a role within Humberside in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing Date: 5th March 2023 at 23:55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the Recruitment Manager and Line Manager of the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
- Recruitment Brochure
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: