HP – Complaints Resolution Advisor
Hull, East Yorkshire
Priory Road, Hull
£25,758 – £27,690
Type of Contract
Role: Complaints Resolution Advisor
Department: Professional Standards Department (PSD)
Salary: £25,758 – £27,690
Location: Priory Road, Hull
Hours: 37 hours
Contract: Temporary for 6 months
Are you an expert in problem solving and customer service? Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity within our Professional Standards Department which may be suitable for you!
The role will involve resolving expressions of dissatisfaction quickly by means of explanation, advice and problem solving, ensuring they are handled in a professional, courteous manner to the satisfaction of the complainant.
You will be responsible for the initial research and assessment of all new expressions of dissatisfaction, and you will liaise with the complainant, police staff/police officers of all ranks, and partnership agencies to achieve an early resolution.
It is crucial that the successful applicant always displays excellent customer service skills, including keeping the complainant up to date with any progress.
What is required?
- Literate and Numerate. Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Experience of working with the general public, incorporating problem solving and dealing with sensitive and emotive situations.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Experience of using computers to input, amend or retrieve information.
- Good oral and written communication skills including telephone skills, with the ability to communicate clearly what is required to other staff and other agencies, and give reasons for requests.
- Maintains appropriate quality standards, demonstrating attention to detail and accuracy in all work undertaken.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
Why Join Humberside Police?
Humberside Police have policies in place to support a good work-life balance and employee well-being.
Further benefits are;
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Flexible working where applicable
- Generous pension scheme
- Blue Light Discount
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Internal applicants MUST have completed a successful 6 month probationary period and tenure (if applicable) before applying for another role within the force.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria of at least 5 years to apply for a role within Humberside in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing Date: 1st March 2023 at 23:55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the Recruitment Manager and Line Manager of the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
- Recruitment Brochure
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: