HP – Collision Records Assistant
Brough, East Yorkshire
£21,030 – £22,677
Type of Contract
Role: Collision Records Assistant
Department: Specialist Operations Unit (SOU)
Salary: £21,030 – £22,677
Hours: 37 hours
Contract: 12 months from appointment
Humberside Police are currently recruiting for two Collison Records Assistants to join us on a 12-month temporary contract. In this role you will undertake a range of clerical and admin duties within the Collisions Records Section, ensuring road traffic collisions work is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Main tasks include:
- Create and prepare files relating to road traffic collisions.
- Collate, check, and input data into database.
- Create files and scan paperwork relating to road traffic collision, weed and dispose files over the retention period in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure all completed files have relevant information and is readily available for release to outside agencies.
- Split and Scan court files prior to proceedings. Supply Court dates to outside agencies.
- Liaise with external/internal units regarding information relating to road traffic collisions, for example, Crown Prosecution Service, Coroner’s Office, File Team, and Central Ticket Office.
- Respond to correspondence from Solicitors, Insurance Companies and members of the Public. Advises them on Police Procedures and guidelines being aware of information being released in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Prepare reports using a range of software tools and in depth historical data, making recommendations as and when necessary.
What is required:
- Literate and numerate, educated to GCSE level.
- Experience in working in an office/clerical environment.
- Experience of using computers to input, amend and extract information.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels both internal and external to the organisation.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work as part of a team.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
Why Join Humberside Police?
Humberside Police have policies in place to support a good work-life balance and employee well-being.
Further benefits are;
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Flexible working where applicable
- Generous pension scheme
- Blue Light Discount
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Internal applicants MUST have completed a successful 6 month probationary period and tenure (if applicable) before applying for another role within the force.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria of at least 5 years to apply for a role within Humberside in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing Date: 2nd March 2023 at 23:55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the Recruitment Manager and Line Manager of the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
- Recruitment Brochure
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: