Job Summary: Experienced housekeeper is needed for a large home in South Buckinghamshire for an active couple.
Accommodation: Newly built self-contained one bedroom annex with full kitchen and living room/TV area. Fully furnished with own entrance. All utility bills included.
Other details: The household is casual and informal (apart from very occasional more formal dining occasions) The house is set within beautiful grounds which are surrounded by countryside. There is a large vegetable garden and ponds. The staff accommodation is to a very high standard.
A car is provided.
General duties required:
• Taking care of the household. All cleaning duties to include bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas; as well as unused rooms on a regular basis. Cleaning inside windows on the ground floor, mopping floors, sweeping porches and cleaning skirting boards. Freshening rooms. Organising cupboards etc.
• Maintaining good hygiene practices throughout the house and especially in the kitchen. Awareness of stock control and checking foods for sell by dates.
• Laundry, ironing and changing bedsheets.
• Cooking (healthy meals normally one main meal a day).
• Food shopping and running errands.
• Feeding, grooming and walking 1 tame German shepherd dog around the grounds.
• Administration – dealing with household maintenance issues and following up on any problems. Responsibility for scheduling maintenance appointments for services including boilers, heaters, gutters, alarms etc.
• Petty cash records.
• Watering indoor plants.
• High calibre, pro-active with the ability to undertake tasks without supervision.
• Energetic and fit
• Driver with a clean driving licence (automatic car provided)
• Good standard of written English
• Non smoker
• Willing to be on the premises to feed the dog at the weekends when the employer is travelling or away.
• Must be able to provide excellent verifiable written and verbal references.