Health & Safety Officer
Worthing, West Sussex
Head Office, Worthing
£17.48 per hour, £31 811 per annum (pro rata)
Hours of Work
21-24 hours per week
6th of March
Proposed interview date/s (if known)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Health & Safety team, the role is to work closely with the Senior Health & Safety Officer to ensure effective arrangements are in place for the management of health and safety, across all Guild Care services.
Your role would be essential to work with the Senior Health and Safety Officer on designing, evaluating and delivering health and safety training for all Guild Care staff and volunteers with reference to CQC, Skills for Care Induction and Health and Safety Legislation. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring health and safety practice and compliance across the organisation.
You will have knowledge and practice in developing guidance for our health and safety representatives across our organisation.
Our Amazing Benefits at Guild Care…..
- Working for a local charity that has supported the community since 1933
- Welcome to Guild Care bonus (for eligible roles)- Up to £1000 for Registered Nurses and up to £1000 for Care, Home Care and Day Services Support Staff
- Refer a friend scheme- you could earn £500 for recommending a friend to Guild Care
- Buddy Incentive- you could receive up to £125 to support our new recruits in role, promoting a supportive and friendly environment for our newcomers (Care Services only)
- Competitive salaries
- 20-25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Flexible shift patterns
- Free DBS check
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and clear defined care career pathway
- Supportive colleagues
- Job satisfaction
- Local offers for Guild Care staff
- Being part of a values- led organisation
- NEBOSH general certificate in occupational health and safety or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in Health & Safety
- Previous experience of delivering a range of H&S related training
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Up to date knowledge of H&S legislation
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check
- Relevant professional qualifications, such as Award in Education and Training
- Experience in either care, hospitality or retail
- Car owner and driver to facilitate site visits
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about the role our Recruitment Team is always happy to help answer any questions you may have. For an informal chat please call 01903 863154.
How to apply
Please email your CV or interest to us at [email protected] or call 01903 863154, or click on this link to complete an online application form.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy upon successful selection of candidates, please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Post- interview should you be successful you will need to supply the following documentation to ensure safe recruitment and compliance.
- Photo ID
- Right to Work documentation
- Evidence of Qualifications if required
Share this page