Government of the Virgin Islands
Road Town, British Virgin Islands
Submitted by SGibbs on 16 February 2023 – 3:53pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 7 of 2023
The successful applicant will assist with maintaining the grounds, tools and equipment in order to facilitate effective grounds management.
- Maintain gardens, walkways, parking lots and stairways by cleaning areas on a daily basis and maintaining plants and lawns in order to facilitate effective grounds management and appearance.
- Ensure that tools, materials and equipment are sufficiently maintained, cleaned and stored in order to maintain effective use of resources.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department, including maintenance & repair of the built Public Estate.
- Maintain the condition and appearance of lawns, gardens and grounds by:
a. Mowing and watering plants;
b. Trimming, mulching and fertilizing flowers, shrubs and trees;
c. Keeping grounds free from trash, litter, debris and weeds.
- Utilize handsaws, hand pruners and motorized saws to manage tree cuttings on the grounds when required.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) years’ experience in a related field
- Valid BVI Driver’s License
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of horticulture and gardening equipment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Thursday, 2 March 2023