Future Approvals Manager
Capital International Staffing
Future Approvals Manager
- Job Location: Farnborough, England
- Type: Contract
• Influence emerging regulatory and air traffic management requirements to enable safe and cost-effective Zephyr operations
• Develop a strategy for Zephyr Regulatory Engagement to assure future operational capability in response to business needs
• Deliver agreed near-term Regulatory Frame Work(s) into the Operations Team to enable specific Zephyr operations across a number of countries, locations, and airspace boundaries
At the forefront of the RPAS & HAPS market definition, this role is fast-paced, hands-on, and requires a proactive and open-minded approach with a willingness to challenge conventional thinking. Your previous experience of National and International Aviation Regulatory Engagement will be key to building relationships with each new governing body.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Outline Job Profile
Working within Flight Operations and alongside the regulatory authorities you will be responsible for:
• Building strong relationships with National and International regulatory authorities and customers to challenge conventional thinking and lay the regulatory frame work foundations for Zephyr approvals
• Supporting business development teams to devise viable approvals solutions to meet customer and internal requirements
• Working with the and Flight Operations Team and Future Approvals Management to maintain an ambitious approvals roadmap for Zephyr services and capabilities
• Achieving business sign-off for approval deliverables
• Deliver the Regulatory Architecture to the Future Approvals Managers to enable timely service start-up
• Staying abreast of emerging technologies, regulations, and stakeholders for stratospheric RPAS
• Provide internal assurance to the Head of Flight Operations and the accountability chain by way of an annual risk based approach audit schedule across the Operations department
Skills & Experience:
Essential skills and experience
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Well-developed collaboration and relationship-building skills at senior level and preferably in an international aviation environment
• Broad experience in regulatory approvals covering both operational and CAMO domains
• Strategic and innovative thinker with proven capability to influence both internally and externally
• Experience at senior level within a regulatory environment with a demonstrable delivery track record
• Ability to interpret, define, develop, and deliver solutions to complex regulation in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Proven ability to assimilate and apply knowledge of complex and novel technology
Desirable skills and experience
Successful candidates will demonstrate many of the following attributes:
• A broad, preferably international network within the aviation and / or RPAS domains
• Experience in dealing directly with aviation authorities at senior level
• A broad knowledge of the latest developments and regulatory changes in the aviation / RPAS and wider aviation domains
• A good understanding of national and international air traffic management, airspace, and flight rules as they pertain to high-altitude RPAS operations
• Sound knowledge of risk management, airworthiness, and safety in an operational aviation application
• Knowledge of global climate and meteorology in the context of high-altitude RPAS operations
• Project management experience and a track record of delivery to time/cost/quality
• Ideally you should be at least degree qualified and hold or previously held a Professional Aviation Licence (B1/2 AML or ATPL)
• Ideally you should of previously held a UK CAA or MAA Form 4 or ARC Signatory
• Experience of Aviation Assurance and Risk Based Auditing requirements and techniques
Full –Time – Monday to Friday days
This role will involve considerable business travel.
Individuals must be willing to travel to support the regulators meetings.
The opportunity may be given to train as Remote pilot crew to support flight test campaigns. Individuals will be asked to support the flight test campaigns with up to 8 weeks deployment for each flight test.
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
Flexible hours – 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including home working. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Reason for vacancy
One stage interview – on site (work clothes and safety footwear required for a skills test)
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.