Pure Resourcing Solutions
We are pleased to be working with an exciting charity who are working to support a more sustainable future for people and the planet. They need a talented frontend developer to join their team.
Cambridge, Hybrid working
Working within our existing Digital Transformation team, you will be responsible for implementing the front-end components of our web applications with a focus on the mapping and data visualisations elements of these projects. You will work closely with the designer, product manager and other developers to implement modern, cross browser and responsive interfaces.
- Liaise with developers, scientists, and geospatial experts to deliver high quality biodiversity digital products.
- Work closely with other members of the digital transformation team and internal clients to develop engaging and interactive interfaces on time and within budget.
- Develop processes and methods to ensure consistency and quality across our applications.
- Continue to expand your skills and knowledge and stay up to date with the latest developments in front end technologies.
- Ensure all our applications are cross browser compatible and responsive.
- Maintain and update existing applications and websites.
- Represent the Digital Transformation team around the organisation and at relevant external meetings.
- Motivate and inspire other team members to develop their own skill sets.
- Manage the delivery of smaller projects.
- Experience building responsive websites with cross browser support.
- Experience of mapping or GIS web applications.
- Experience creating data visualizations and charts.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of front-end testing frameworks.
- Jest, Cypress.
- HTML, CSS, SCSS.
- Ruby on Rails.
- Mapbox, Leaflet.js.
- Git, GitHub.
Type of Person Required
- Focused on the user experience with a high attention to detail.
- Excels when working as part of a close-knit team.
- Flexible with good time management skills for working across multiple projects.
- Likes manipulating large datasets to extract insightful information and then displaying it in an easily digestible format such as a filterable table, chart or map.
For more information please contact Kirsty Giles at Pure Resourcing Solutions.