Field Security Principal, Customer Assurance
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for a security leader who will partner with Confluent’s customers to ensure that we build the most trustworthy platform that meets security, compliance, and privacy requirements.
The role is unique: it partners not only with all facets of the Confluent Research and Development organization, including product management, software engineering, security engineering, and technical program management, but also with our sales, professional services, and customer support organizations.
Success in this role will be finding the best solution not only with the current technologies and practices we currently have on hand, but defining new opportunities for product development, customer engagement strategy, audit and access transparency, and field enablement.
We’re looking for someone who is a champion of transparency for Confluent’s security practices, combined with customer empathy but also empowerment. A successful candidate in this role will lead by example, and will coach others in the field and within the engineering and security organizations.
Finally, we’re looking for someone who can practice the art of negotiation and risk management at critical junctures of the deal flow to help enable the next stage of Confluent’s growth.
What You Will Do:
- As a member of the CISO leadership team, drive and influence security across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders throughout Confluent
- Partner with Confluent’s security sales enablement and compliance teams to assist in escalations and to collaborate on solutions and roadmap
- Propose and partner with product, engineering, and security teams to design security solutions and frameworks to meet customer requirements
- Meet with customer stakeholders to provide context about Confluent’s security posture and negotiate security terms when necessary
- Coach and mentor field and security staff on customer security needs and requirements
- Be a subject matter expert for the company around customer security assurance
What You Will Bring:
- Experience as a security leader, either from a cloud or SaaS provider or as a customer of a cloud or SaaS provider with complex & demanding security requirements
- Experience in field enablement, customer relationship management, and consulting customers in an advisory capacity
- Compliance, audit, and regulatory requirement evaluation, including third-party engagement in vendor risk management
- Ability to synthesize requirements from multiple customers and propose product, engineering, and compliance solutions
- The knowledge, experience and perspective necessary to own outcomes, influence stakeholders, and provide effective leadership when it comes to keeping our customers and our product safe
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Ability to own and oversee numerous initiatives, while working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, and adjust priorities upon evolving business needs
- A data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of $235,100 – $276,200 USD, an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.
Field Service Engineer & Junior Helpdesk Engineer – (Partial Remote) MSP – Queens, NY
Field Service Engineer & Junior Helpdesk Engineer – (Partial Remote) MSP – Sunnyside, NY
Field Service Technician with up to 80% travel – pay to $35 – Remote
Financial Crimes Governance Specialist – Remote
FIX protocol – C#/Java developer – Remote – United States