Annual salary: 27.123 GBP
We are currently looking for a Facilities Engineer to join our Facilities & Maintenance Team.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Veka Burnley site, and related welfare of employees and visitors.
Suitable applicants could have a background including general handyman/handyperson, buildings maintenance, caretaker, repairs & maintenance or similar.
What you'll do
- Painting & decorating
- Plumbing repairs
- Lighting repairs / replacement (basic electrical)
- Repairs to building fabric
- Roof repairs
- Drain cleaning & maintenance
- General building maintenance
What you'll need
- Worked within a similar facilities / maintenance role
- Formal apprenticeship trained
- IPAF licence (desirable)
- Experience of laying 2 pack epoxy paints (desirable)
- Experience of paint spraying (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety audits and procedures
- Hands on approach
What you'll get
- Starting salary of £27,123
- Westfield Health (healthcare cash plan)
- Pension (6% employer contribution)
- Annual profit share (uncapped)
- Discounted gym membership
What we do
VEKA has been leading the global development of PVCu window systems for over 50 years, through design, innovation and customer focus. With factories in over 40 countries across Europe, Asia and America, VEKA is the world’s largest manufacturer of extruded PVCu products.
How we ACT
We have four fundamental values which are at the heart of everything we do. These are not just words, but the very essence of what we do and why we do it. These values – Appreciation, Courage & Ambition, Commitment, Trust & Responsibility– sit at the very core of everything we do, remaining ever-present in each facet of our organisation.