Are you a Development & Compliance Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Is the Bispham area of Blackpool an area that you are happy to commute to?
Would you be happy working for a salary of up to £37000?
Are you Degree qualified in a relevant discipline?
Do you have experience in Research and Product Testing?
Have you got several years working in this role in a manufacturing environment?
If you have answered “yes” to the above questions and have a practical, hands on approach to your work then this role may suit you. Candidates that apply that have the relevant experience will be called and given additional information on the company and position.
Duties will include
- Develop and build new systems, processes, and methods to ensure cost effective integration of new products and existing product improvement.
- Maintaining the departments risk assessment register.
- Designing test specifications and process equipment for product performance testing.
- Develop & build engineering prototypes.
- Perform data analysis on completed tests utilising raw data obtained through testing.
- Maintain a good understanding of applicable industry standards and appropriate codes of practice and ensure that the company and its products comply at all times.
- Provide technical support and information to sales, customers, and production.
- Utilise the development technician and workshop and provide guidance and support.
- Undertake any training events necessary, to support the needs of the business E.g. Electrical Safety, Brazing, etc.
- Support project work that is being carried out within the Engineering Department.
- Ensure that Health and safety of the department is held to the strictest standards
- Ensure that all departmental calibrations are kept up to date.
- Ensure compliance to BS EN 60335 and other relevant standards and directives – ensuring product safety standards.
- Create and manage product compliance documentation.
The ideal candidate needs to be a confident, effective communicator and be comfortable communicating at all levels from production staff to company directors and customers. Being a team player is essential in this role as you will be joining an established team of engineers which you will work closely with throughout your role. You should have a flexible approach to priorities as you will be working within a dynamic department that touches many aspects of the business. Ideally you will be well versed in and be capable of managing multiple projects and have a good working skill set with Microsoft office packages. Experience of using CAD software is advantageous but not essential.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 35 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.