James Fisher and Sons plc.
Home Based with occasional travel to Barrow in Furness
Permanent, Full time
James Fisher Shipping Services has unparalleled maritime experience in delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective ship management solutions.
As ship owners for more than 170 years, James Fisher Shipping Services (JFSS) provides technical vessel and crew management to the James Fisher Fleet of Tankers, as well as to the wider tanker, research and specialised vessel markets.
The purpose of the role is with a focus on safety that you will be responsible for crew changes including arranging travel / immigration, checking documents, updating supplier tracking sheets applying for documents CRA's/CECs), ensuring Fleet Personnel Email correctly managed, checking invoices, communicating with travellers / vessels/ ships and all related matters.
Ideally you will have some Crewing experience or related experience in Shipping or Travel for this role, and an excellent understanding of documentation, with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills.
- Co-ordinate D&A testing
- Co-ordinate crew mail and crew changes – Includes arranging travel and immigration, checking documents, updating supplier tracking sheets applying for documents CRA's/CECs)
- Ensuring the Fleet Personnel email is correctly managed, check invoices, communicate with travellers, vessels, and ships and all related matters.
- Monitoring Incidents, assisting and be involved with Seafarer conferences
- Supporting the annual review of procedures and participate in audits
- There will be some out of hours cover
- Cover for Lead Crewing Officer and understudy Crew Operator
- Crewing experience essential. Oil/chemical tanker experience is preferred but similar crewing experience would be considered
- Understanding of documentation, SMS and OCIMF TMSA STCW MLC etc.
- Strong organisational, communication and administrative skills.
You will work closely with stakeholders and be able to work with minimal supervision, have the ability to respond to stakeholders in a positive and professional manner and have strong organisational, communication and administrative skills.
We work as a team so you will be a good team player who continuously reviews activities and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement, procedures, systems, activities and when there is a problem, support your colleagues and help each other to get past the challenge.
If this sounds like the ideal next step in your career, then click ‘apply’ now!
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment
James Fisher and Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and strongly encourage applications for candidates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and recognise that our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce. For more information Click here