Compliance Risk Manager Senior – Exam/Audit & Issues Management (Remote Option)
San Antonio, TX
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a dedicated Compliance Risk Manager Senior to join our team. You may work a hybrid schedule from one of our regional offices in San Antonio TX, Phoenix AZ, Plano TX, Tampa FL, Charlotte NC or Colorado Springs CO. Remote work is also an option.
If Hybrid: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual onsite days are agreed upon between each employee and the employee’s manager.
If Remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for training and/or meetings.
This position is for a Compliance Risk Manager Senior who is part of the second line of defense, Enterprise AML Compliance for exam/audit and issues management. The successful candidate will have a background in AML testing, audit, AML exam and audit management and/or issues remediation/validation experience. The senior will be responsible for supporting the timely response of audit and regulatory deliverables, ensuring the evidence provided is of high quality and for supporting timely completion and effective challenge of AML Compliance issues remediation.
The senior will have a strong understanding of AML and Sanctions compliance requirements and skills focusing on strong attention to detail, timeliness, communication, ability to interact with executive management, and who know “what good looks like”.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of degree (10 years in lieu of degree).
- 6 or more years relevant experience in compliance, risk, legal or audit within the financial services or insurance industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BSA/AML and sanctions compliance subject matter experience background.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on project deliverables.
- Proven experience in reviewing issue action plans and remediation for adequacy.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing Audit and Regulatory requests/responses for adequacy.
- Experience working with Senior Management and influencing in a matrixed environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is:$81,100 – $146,000
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Compliance Risk Manager Senior – Exam/Audit & Issues Management (Remote Option) – Tampa, FL
Construction Administration Architect (Remote) – TWG Development, LLC – Indianapolis, IN
Content Developer – REMOTE – Seattle, WA
Content Developer – REMOTE – Washington DC
Contract Management Specialist [REMOTE] – San Diego, CA