Commercial Vehicle Technician
Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Vehicle Technician to join our Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe & efficient maintenance and repair of a small commercial fleet of varied makes and models including Daf, Iveco and Fuso Canter.
- Routine maintenance & safety inspections.
- MOT Preparation when required.
- Tail Lift service and repair.
- Body work maintenance and repair including shutter doors.
- Vehicle Diagnostics (Texa system).
- Vehicle delivery and collection including defect repairs at out based Depot’s
- Management of Compliance and scheduling of routine maintenance in line with the company’s Operators Licence.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 3 HGV Technician Qualification.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety within the Transport department.
- 3 Years + experience in repair & maintenance of a commercial vehicle fleet including Tail Lift and Body work.
- Vehicle Diagnostics experience.
- Expansive tool box in keeping with commercial vehicle maintenance.
- Driver CPC certificates up to date.
- HGV Class C driving Licence
- Texa Diagnostic experience.
Salary/Hourly Rate: £37500 = £18.49 per hr
Hours of work: 39 hrs per week Mon- Thur 07:00 – 15:30 Fri 07:00-14:30. Over Time When necessary paid at time & half, in a modern well heated clean and organised workshop
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.