Commercial Manager | Ref: PIP0000662
Public Sector Resourcing
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of civil service roles.
As Commercial Manager, you will:
- Provide procurement and commercial service ensuring contracts and suppliers meet MOD’s requirements for operational and contractual delivery
- Lead and manage procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics
- Use a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate
- Make use of effective procurement approaches and processes
- Provide direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
- Additional academic or professional qualifications, such as an advanced degree, Prince2, APM qualification or Lean
- Substantial experience of influencing senior internal and external stakeholders in a commercial environment at a strategic level.
- An accomplished commercial professional with a track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment.
- Proven track record of procuring and delivering successful contracts and new approaches
- Experience developing and placing contracts within a public environment
- Appreciation of Intellectual Property within a commercial environment
Please note this is not a live job, however we envisage we will be recruiting for these roles over the upcoming months and want to gauge interest and build a talentpool.