Chef de Partie
Harlow College Group
Chef de Partie
Located at Harlow College
37 Hours a week
£28,420 per annum
About the team
You should share our passion for delivering the very best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis – It all starts with enjoyment; great tasting, healthy food that students, staff and visitors look forward to and really love!
About the role
We are looking for a hardworking Chef de Partie with a strong and consistent kitchen background working with fresh food in a busy environment. Based at the Harlow Campus but able to travel to oversee operation at Stansted Airport college.
You will be working in a small kitchen with a chef as well as our trainee chefs. A good all-round kitchen experience is essential as well as being able to run a kitchen with a real focus to producing a healthy and innovative menu that suits all types of customer.
As Chef De Partie you will ensure the food is produced to a consistently high standard at all times and organise the daily running of the kitchen, whilst follow HACCAP regulations
What we are looking for
- Remains calm under pressure
- Is flexible within their role, demonstrating a diversity of skills.
- Has good kitchen experience within a similar passion of producing consistently high-quality food
- Is knowledgeable about fresh food
- Is down to earth and able to work well in a team
- Coach our chef learners (Levels 1 -3) to improve their skills and knowledge in a supportive environment
- Are hands on and able to get stuck in as and when needed
- Have excellent communication skills with a good level of spoken and written English
We are particularly interested in candidates who have proven experience and have a level 3 chef qualification. HACCP Compliant.
What we can offer
The successful candidate can expect the college to provide a uniform, a meal on duty, fund any training required for the role, invest in their professional development and opportunities to further their career as well as an excellent benefits package including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and many more!
Still unsure if this is the right role for you?
If you would like to pop in or have an informal discussion to find out more, please contact Stuart Smith on 01279 868 213 or Alison Armitage on 01279 868 205 or email [email protected]
Closing date for applications 28th February 2023
Please note training for this role will take place at our Harlow College campus.