Category Procurement Manager – Modules USA
Lightsource BP Renewable Energy Investments Limited
Category Procurement Manager – Modules USAn
About Lightsource bpLightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible, and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values are guiding principles for everything we do.
Creating and maintaining a long term, continuously safe and healthy environment is our top priority.
We are a company of uncompromising integrity and business ethics.
We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and benefit the communities where we work.
As a renewable energy company, we are part of the climate change solution.
We adopt a ‘solutions’ driven mindset throughout our entire business in order to stay ahead of the game in an ever-changing global energy landscape.
What You’ll do
The Module Category Manager is a leadership role within Lighsourcebp’s (LSbp) Global Procurement Division, reporting directly to the Head of Global Category Management.
The role will help senior leadership to make strategic decisions by providing market, product, competitor, and customer insights, and helping enable growth, profitability, and operational excellence. The role will also help LSbp to develop mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers and ensuring excellence in project execution.
He/She will develop and propose category strategy for execution, providing intelligence on PV modules market and supply chain.
He/She will manage modules framework and supply agreements and ensure streamlined cost management, including forward cost curve development for key raw materials and final assembled system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Manage comprehensive supply chain and cost intelligence for PV Modules on suppliers, competitors and customer models including, but not limited to, new product developments, costs and trends, market growth projections and market forces
• Monitor PV Modules supply market’s supplier pool, technology, innovation and cost trends and report market intelligence regularly
• Identify, qualify, on-board and manage suppliers for assigned category
• Identify supplier development and improvement opportunities and propose business cases
• Conduct quarterly business reviews with partner suppliers
• Collect and manage intelligence and developments in PV Modules equipment on the global market to provide insights to LSbp engineering and business development teams and towards strategic sourcing
• Provide operational excellence support to multi-stakeholder divisions and build an end-to-end business delivery excellence tool to enable seamless communication and business growth
• Regular interaction and reporting to internal stakeholders, up to and including board on performance metrics and procurement strategy
• Timely plan and execute tendering projects or portfolio of projects in alignment with relevant stakeholders like legal, asset management and engineering to ensure best value for company
• Work with legal department to negotiate PV Modules supply contracts with suppliers
• Propose procurement plans and sourcing strategies for projects
• Manage multi-jurisdictions tenders for the category
• Ensure timely delivery of the equipment and services as Project Procurement Manager role for assigned portfolios or countries
Who we’re looking for
• Experience of multiple cultures and geographies
• Experience working with PV Modules Products, Projects, and Solutions
• Experience working in Enginnering and Construction industries
• Experience working on sustainability and supply chain matters and strategies
• Project and program management experience in global remit
• Competitive bidding
• Market intelligence, contracts negotiations and supply disruption risk analysis
• Good communicator and can make yourself understood at any level of the business
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Competence of working strategically, adequate track record preferred
• Positive mindset, with a strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to drive change processes
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or significant related experience in technical procurement
• Professional certification like CPSM, CSCP, CIPS is a plus,
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential and any other foreign language like Mandarin, Spanish, French or German will be a plus
• Business experience of 8+ years in Sales, Operations, Global Sourcing, Procurement and Delivery of electrical and electronic systems
• Proven track record in the renewable industry in category roles will be considered a plus
• Experience in supporting multi-functional projects in an international work environment with remote locations
• Hands on experiences, string knowledge of electrical engineering, manufacturing processes (polysilicon, chemical, electronic), Global Commodities markets (suppliers, value chain and technologies) is essential
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
• Team player and “can do” attitude
• Forward thinking, a problem solver and solution provider
• Proactive, flexible with strong time management skills
• Able to promote a positive working culture within the team
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to deal confidently building strong relations with stakeholders
• Action and goal-oriented with a high degree of self-management
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow, a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
Be you: We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Be responsible: Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Be recognized: Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Be inspired: Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our net-zero by 2025 campaign.
Lightsource bp is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This position requires satisfactory proof of COVID vaccination or your obtaining an approved accommodation or exemption that exempts you from compliance with the mandatory COVID vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law. “Fully vaccinated” means that at least two weeks have passed since the administration of the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Certified Coder, Full Time, Remote – Roseville, CA
Clinical Supervisor – Part Time – SF LGBT Center – Remote
Coding Specialist – Remote – Atlanta, GA
Commercial E&S Underwriter (Remote) – New York, NY
Communications Officer – Remote