Capex Category Manager
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
At Samworth Brothers, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as our Capex Category Manager. Your role will be to work in partnership with the Bakeries, Suppliers and Customers to accelerate financial delivery, protect the business from risk and transform supplier led innovation. You will be setting the Category strategy based on the full understanding of the bakery needs. In this role you will be:
- Negotiate overall best terms; ensuring that the supply base and product meet the necessary business objectives [financial, technical, customer]. Have a deep understanding of supply base costs.
- Develop robust, long, medium- and short-term plans and provide the group with an accurate financial forecast to enable businesses to forecast effectively and to work closely with the business procurement managers to execute implementation plans.
- To develop formal category strategies that demonstrate complete understanding of the spend cube, a deep knowledge of the needs of the business and a robust understanding of the total supply market.
- To ensure documented and vigorous risk management strategies are in place, with a supporting action plan to minimise the likelihood and/or impact of negative events or maximise the realisation of opportunities.
- To undertake quality market intelligence gathering to enable group procurement to build a stronger position in negotiations, managing risks and making better informed sourcing decisions in key category areas. This intelligence obtained will support Samworth Brothers in maintaining a competitive advantage and will enable us to become partners of choice to our customers with whom this intelligence will be shared.
- To constantly challenge the business with the latest external thinking on responsible, environmental and ethical best practice. To ensure that the category is procured from appropriate sources and there is an understanding of the impact of environmental, economic and social factors along with price and quality.
- Robust contingency plans are in place, and are sufficient to manage rapid demand changes, supplier failure, product risk, commercial risk and force majeure.
- To ensure appropriate supplier segmentation and from that, the correct supplier management which could involve everything from joint strategies, top to top meetings, supplier scorecards and integrated processes.
- Ensure appropriate contracts are developed to meet the individual needs of the appropriate supplier relationship. Ensure that company contracting policy and procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure the supply base are proactive in their approach to total quality [service, product and processes] and have plans in place to ensure Samworth Brothers remain leaders within the market and maintain the highest reputation within the industry.
- Create an environment to cultivate innovation opportunities from suppliers and engaging with the relevant business procurement managers to achieve “first to market” status. Ultimately raising the barriers to entry to give Samworth Brothers a competitive advantage.
The Right Person
We are one big team, and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
- CIPS Qualification
- Graduate level learning
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced procurement team
- To be able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent Supplier relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to maintain professional relationships.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives them forward
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Confident and collaborative approach in building good working relationships, willing to listen to and involve others
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate and provide insight from large and varied volumes of data.
- Willingness to travel, extensively within the UK, with occasional overseas.
We are a fourth generation family company employing over 9,000 people in well-invested, modern sites in Leicestershire, Cornwall and elsewhere around the country.
We trace our roots back to 1886 and are a still to this day a family run business producing quality own-label products for many of the UK’s best know retailers and our own brands including Ginsters, Soreen, West Cornwall Pasty Co. Dickinson & Morris, Walker & Son
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.