About The Role
We Make Morrisons…
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities.
We’re recruiting for a high performing Cafe Manager to help our business to continue to grow and succeed.
Whether you want a delicious hearty breakfast or freshly brewed coffee and a slice of cake, our Cafes are proud to serve hundreds of people on a daily basis. Our Cafe Managers lead and empower colleagues to always put the customer first and deliver outstanding customer service.
Reporting into the Store Manager, you will also:
- Listen and respond to our customers feedback and react accordingly
- Ensure market leading availability across the store.
- Work with the other Managers in store to lead a supportive and performance driven department
- Efficiently manage all people routines, taking accountability of department(s) scheduling, absence, performance and talent conversations
- Deliver training to ensure team have the capability and confidence to deliver their role
- Enable colleagues to work with confidence across various departments
- Identify and develop talent within the department
- Build effective relationships with other operating departments
- Lead colleagues to work with purpose, delivering outstanding performance against all relevant targets across the department(s)
- Take a leadership role within the store
- Ensure resource is planned thoroughly
How do we say thank you?
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package.
Our benefits package not only includes a generous bonus but you will also receive an attractive pension scheme, private healthcare. We also offer a 10% discount card for your friends or family members and giving you 15% off your shopping in Morrisons.
No doubt you'll have shopped in our stores before, but why not take a look at some of the areas our customers don't see, such as our warehouses and colleague canteens to get a real taste of life at Morrisons. Explore using our 360 tour, please click here.
Whether it's previous experience working in the retail industry or you have experience in hospitality, the service industry or travel & tourism, if you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service then we want to hear from you.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of managing a team in a fast paced environment
- You will need to be a great communicator who can share knowledge, experience and best practices
- You will need to have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas whilst remaining flexible
- You must be adaptable to change, whilst being able to challenge effectively
- As a Manager, you will actively listen to and respond effectively to customers and colleagues
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It’s why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK’s 4th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It’s challenging. It’s fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They’ve been there and done that. It’s how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.