Uckfield, East Sussex
- Position: MRO Category Lead
- Salary: £32,200 -£42,600 per annum depending on experience plus very good company benefits
- Location: Hassocks, West Sussex
- Hours: 37.5 hour week, Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17.30 mainly, although you may have to work between 07:00 – 19:00 so flexibility on work hours is essential. Earliest start 07:00 and latest finish is 19:00. 7.5 hour working day between these hours
- Due to rural location it is essential to be a driver and have your own transport. Plenty of free parking on site.
We are delighted to be working alongside our superb and very successful client who are a world leading aviation service provider. This is a brilliant chance to join a large and very established company who offer an excellent working environment and long term career opportunities.
The team are responsible for the sourcing and selection of suitable, cost effective and technically capable component repair vendors, able to meet the business requirements of cost, turn-around and quality.
Adopting a Category Management approach, supporting internal and external customers with responsibilities associated with MRO outsourcing strategies and governance in accordance with business objectives. To work with MRO vendor’s worldwide ensuring quality is in line with business objectives & policy, on time delivery and contract adherence whilst minimising costs. All functions to focus on stock availability, reducing costs and developing customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Report on MRO Vendor performance in accordance with MRO Departmental KPI’s; value, delivery, reliability, compliance, and service
- Report on existing MRO Vendor contracts ensuring service levels negotiation and implementation of Vendor agreements and GTAs
- Undertake component analysis, effectivity, repair shop capability and vendor sourcing
- Working closely with the key stakeholders in Operational MRO, Asset Purchasing, Sales and Technical teams to develop effective communication and working strategies to ensure a consistent approach
- Management of the daily tactical work to ensure timely responses in allocating Repair vendors for Stock requests, teardown projects, exchanges taken, customer core returns, Repair Management and Sales Support requests.
- Work with existing and potential vendors, securing best price through vendor negotiations, collaboration, and benchmarking.
- Control costs by means of the most effective solutions to maximise savings, including but not limited to vendor discounts and rebate agreements
- Host regular vendor interface meetings, both on site at Vendor or at head office targeting poor performing vendors, ensuring thorough records are kept, and solutions to any issues agreed and followed up on.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of allocated category of spend.
- Provide vendor sourcing and pricing in support of new business and bid support.
- Maintain & record procurement information utilising company database to include Vendor and Strategic partner bid feedback
- Support MRO leadership with vendor ratings and assist with compliance & business objectives
- Understand and adhere to Export Control regulations where relevant
- Assist and support the MRO Vendor Team Leader and Technical Manager as requested Any other duties as requested
Skills, experience and competencies required:
- Background in Supply Chain at Tactical or Strategic levels
- Experience in the Aviation industry/environment is preferred
- Problem solving ability and experience in the use of Root Cause & Corrective actions
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to succeed in a busy environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong organisation and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel when required
This is an excellent opportunity to join a first class employer who provide a superb working environment in which to work and progress within you career
To avoid disappointment, please apply now for additional information and immediate consideration
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.