AWS Cloud Solutions Architect (F/T remote role in Eastern Region – anywhere WDC to Maine)
Management Recruiters International, Inc.
* * * This position has been filled. * * *
AWS Cloud Solutions Architect
Location: Remote Office (anywhere from Washington DC to New England area)
Company: Solid fast growing and award-winning tech firm
Type: Full-time/Perm position
Compensation: Lucrative base and bonus, plus comprehensive benefits package
Position Id: 1644
Explore a true career growth opportunity….
Our clients is a top tier IT Solution Providers that is focused on on-prem and cloud solutions for enterprise clients and government agencies. They’re an Amazon Web Services partner and due to rapid growth of their cloud practice, they are looking to hire an AWS Cloud Engineer/Solutions Architect with a strong combination of pre-sales solution design and post sales implementation skills. The role will be focused on working with the sales team and enterprise clients to propose and implement cloud projects. You will be part of a leading player in the cloud space with high career growth opportunities and a great company culture. You will work alongside some of the best cloud engineers in the region and work on interesting and exciting client projects.
As Cloud Solutions Architect, you will help assess client IT environments to propose how best to leverage and utilize AWS cloud capabilities to enhance their business. Responsibilities will include assessing and recommending solutions with scalability, cost saving, and reliability in mind, helping to define best practices and strategies for deployment and maintenance, performing migrations from on-prem to cloud, setting up monitoring and alerting of AWS services, implementing CI/CD pipelines using AWS CI/CD stack, writing infrastructure as code using CloudFormation (or similar). This will be a hybrid role which will include both pre-sales solution design as well as post-sales implementation.
What We Look For:
- Must have 3+ years hands-on experience in designing/developing and implementing AWS solutions, with experience in core AWS services, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, etc.
- Must have hands-on experience with scripting, PowerShell, Python — and DevOps tools in the cloud environment (e.g., Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, Kubernetes, Maven, etc.)
- Must have experience in monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, the ELK stack.
- Must have a good understanding of security best practices (e.g., using IAM roles, KMS, etc.)
- Must have good customer facing skills, excellent communications skills/presentation skills, teaming skills, and a consultative demeanor.
- A technical background in on-prem IT systems and IT operations (e.g., servers, virtualization, storage, disaster recover).
- Preferred certifications: AWS Practitioner, AWS Associate, AWS Professional or DevOps Certification(s).
- Must be authorized to work in the US (sponsorship is not available for this position).
- Must be able to travel to clients (low travel in the 10% range, as needed)
- Experience in any of the following will be a plus (nice to have): n
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Knowledge of protocols and technologies, including Microservices, SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, or HTML
- Ability to work through challenging security requirements and maintain compliance
- Ability to work with and influence software development teams
Key exciting benefits are…
- Solid, established, and fast growing Cloud Solutions Provider with an award-winning company culture
- Focused on the latest cloud solutions and technologies.
- Excellent career development opportunity, continuous training
- Lucrative compensation, plus comprehensive benefits and flexible vacation schedules
If this sounds like you, Contact me!
The Trevi Group
About THE TREVI GROUP:
The Trevi Group is part of the MRI Network, a leading global search firm with over 300 offices worldwide, and are recognized by FORBES as one of the Best Executive Search Firms. Since 2008, we've been helping companies hire engineers, architects, and leadership in the IT industry. Our specialties include Cloud, Security, Networking, Data Center, and Collaboration.
Keywords: amazon web services AWS cloud system engineer cloud engineer architect IT systems sales engineer solutions architect #TheTreviGroup
Back End Developer – Remote
Bankcard Account Manager – CO, ID, NV, UT (Fully Remote) – Midvale, UT
BEST – CEO & Executive Director – Remote
Billing Specialist II (Hospital Billing) Work from Home Michigan – Troy, MI
Building Automation / HVAC Controls Systems Programmer – Remote