Automation Test Manager (MH55)
Automation Test Manager
£50,000 – £60,000/annum
– United Kingdom — England — South East England — Hampshire — Southampton
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Test Manager – PERM + HYBRID up to £60,000
Being a global leader in the holiday and tourism industry means you are creating memorable expeirences for your customers. If you are looking for a fun, dynamic and steadfast corporation who is including new tech stacks and various internaitonal projects, then this is the opportunity for you.
They are looking to onboard x3 Test Managers who are able to travel into the office up to 2 days a week into Southampton.
Test Manager Responsabilities:
- Work closely with Technology colleagues (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, Operations staff and others) and a variety of business stakeholders to ensure required outcomes are achieved
- Maintain close working relationships with business units and peers in other areas of the business
- Build professional and effective relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners
- Educate and lead on good practice, awareness and accountability for employees
- Effective management of the testing team and their progress ensuring business requirements are meet at all times
- Model best practice in your own delivery, acting as a role model for other members of the test team and partner test resources. This includes consistently exceeding the defined Testing KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vein.
- Work closely with customers, business analysts and developers to ensure effective test cases are created and then executed. This will include providing input on the definition of testable requirements and helping define the acceptance criteria.
- Track performance against quality assurance metrics such as defect counts, defect leakage, test coverage, possibly collating and analysing data for software delivery evaluation and improvement
- Plan own workload and coordinate the work of the test team and test partner resources (both on and off shore)
- Execute detailed test plans for projects and BAU deliveries
- Create and maintain of both functional and non-functional test cases
- Assist in the planning, design and management of test data sets
- Assist the planning and creation of appropriate automation tooling (e.g. test automation).
- Adhere to operational technical procedures and policies
- Take initiative to keep skills up to date
- Accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives
- Ensure the CAB process is adhered to and agreed processes are followed
- Where appropriate, demonstrate the capabilities of a technical lead within projects and act as an SME for operational and project purposes
- Execute agreed test cases across System Test, System Integration Test (SIT), Performance Test and Load Test, verifying that the delivered functionality fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by documented test outcomes)
Knowledge/ Experience – essential:
- Proven experience as a test manager, managing test teams, (on and off shore) who designing, executing test and troubleshooting large scale IT systems.
- Stakeholder management
- Test reporting
- In depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Experience of executing IT testing (System Test, SIT, Load, Performance, etc.) in complex (i.e. multiproject, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile) including the full defect management lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of test phases for medium-large scale IT programs/projects.