Associate Actuary (Remote)
Purpose of Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
This is a remote () role within the Auto Pricing unit. We are looking for a strong leader who enjoys being part of a team, will question the status quo, and wants to be part of the solution.
Coordinates, prepares and performs advanced actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Establishes appropriate statistical plans, analytical tools, and requirements for analyzing the experience of various products classification systems, rating plans, reserves, and catastrophes.
- Assists in setting pricing objectives by making forecasts and projections and developing strategies to support the company mission and goals in the areas of product development, pricing, catastrophe management, reinsurance, or reserving.
- Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to products, regulation, market conditions, and innovative alternatives to achieve financial and market goals.
- Creatively approaches problems and issues from a wide range of perspectives to determine innovative techniques.
- Champions and implements innovative solutions to business initiatives. Responsible for training team members on change/improvement.
- Exhibits advanced knowledge of actuarial and business concepts provide innovative solutions and creatively solve business problems.
- Represents USAA’s interest at industry level committee meetings. Provides data to other departments, useful for their management purposes, from actuarial data systems.
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related Actuarial/business/analytical experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS).
- Experience in developing Innovative Actuarial Analyses/Processes.
- Experience in metric development/monitoring.
- Strong communication/presentation skills.
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner (optional)
- Strong Actuarial pricing expertise with experience in using a variety of pricing methodologies and models
- People and/or project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SQL/R/Python or other language
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The salary range for this position is: $118,800 – $213,900.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Associate Actuary (Remote) – San Antonio, TX
Associate Actuary (Remote) – Tampa, FL
Associate Asset Manager – Remote
Associate Customer Success Manager, Portfolio – Remote – Massachusetts
Associate Editor, News Desk – Remote