Agency Account Manager
About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is seeking an Account Manager to join our Northern European team, based in London! In this role you will support programmatic agencies and marketers who leverage Index Exchange’s technology through our Demand Side Platform integrations. You will be crucial to maintaining existing relationships and fostering deeper partnerships while collaborating with business development leads in an effort to grow new accounts and evangelise the Index Exchange brand in-market.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strategic: Index values partnerships and providing strategic insights to the agencies and marketers who leverage our exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for not only day-to-day account management and operations, but also to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole.
- Collaborative: In order to retain and grow our agency accounts, you will work cross-functionally with sales, analytics, technical, and publisher account teams to become a subject matter expert on the Index Platform in an effort to drive performance and growth of our partners.
- Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client-facing role where building trusted relationships with agencies and marketers is essential to success.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Become the day to day contact for existing agency and brand marketer partners throughout the NE region, while delivering exceptional service and utilising expertise of the Index platform.
- Provide proactive insights and recommendations to customers to help them solve problems through a data-centric approach.
- Partner with Business Development to support new business efforts and identify ways to grow current accounts.
- Collaborate with the publisher account teams to identify and secure new deal opportunities, as well as ensure the health and growth of existing deals.
- Attend relevant industry events as well as entertain partners in innovative ways that foster engagement and strategic account growth.
Here's What You Need:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in digital media; 1+ years of client-facing experience
- An in-depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to leverage data and analytics to solve customer problems.
- Demonstrable experience growing revenue by building strong customer relationships, understanding their needs, and finding solutions to address their pain-points.
- Strong communication skills – ability to be clear and concise when presenting internally and externally, organised, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in both collaborative and independent settings, while remaining responsible, enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs is a requirement for the role. Experience with DOMO, Looker, Tableau and/or similar analytical tools is considered an asset.
- A second European language is a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.