Active Directory Engineer (remote – USA – East Coast)
Netcracker Technology Corporation
Active Directory Engineer
The Active Directory Engineer will report into our Global Security Organization (GSO). This role will implement and maintain the Windows Active Directory (AD) infrastructure and related/underlying systems within the Netcracker enterprise. The individual in this role will manage the AD environment, including maintaining the AD structure, resolving AD issues, integration with our security tools and systems (including our secure customer support environments), and act as a subject matter expert for our support teams and customer environments. The individual in this role will be expected to act as an escalation point and a mentor to junior-level resources. To be considered for the role, candidates must demonstrate strong technical and communication skills, ability to implement and support critical global infrastructure platforms, and have previously supported a fast-moving enterprise environment.
This position can sit remotely within the United States, East Coast only.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively implement, maintain, and support highly available and scalable Active Directory solutions in a multi-forest environment.
- Implement scalable solutions to support critical infrastructure services running in Active Directory, such as LDAP, Centrify, DNS, AD Connect as well as other authentication and identity solutions
- Test, implement, and maintain appropriate backup and disaster-recovery mechanisms for all Microsoft enterprise platforms (Active Directory, DNS, ADFS, etc.)
- Test and implement Microsoft Identity solutions including solution configuration, security hardening, ongoing maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Continually improve processes, security posture, and operational efficiency using automation such as Group Policy, PowerShell, and other tools to optimize, maintain, and secure Active Directory and Windows systems.
- Participate in identifying and remediating security risks, responding to internal and external audits, and ensure compliance with regulatory and certification entities.
- Work closely with end-user support teams, security teams, and IT infrastructure team engineers to implement appropriate domain structure, sites, services, trusts, and OU/GPO hierarchy to support all elements of end-user, desktop, server and core processing platforms.
- Perform root-cause analysis of complex issues ranging through hardware, operating system, application, network, and information security platforms while working closely with a variety of infrastructure teams and business users to quickly arrive at inventive and long-term solutions.
- Be forward looking and identify opportunities to improve and automate the environment and operational efficiency across the enterprise
- Assist in defining and implementing security policies and standards.
- Author standard operating procedures and other knowledge documents for use by a variety of audiences from other technical engineers to business users.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation
- Ability to participate in scheduled off hours duties when not on call
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience in supporting complex Active Directory environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server versions 2008-2019
- Strong knowledge of directory services and related technologies, including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, LDAP/LDAPS, and other associated tools.
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V, Exchange, Citrix, or VMWare a plus
- Understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure components, including routing, firewalls, servers, load balancers, and enterprise storage/SANs.
- Experience delivering IT solutions using industry leading security best practices.
- Possess a "security-first" mindset.
- Able to engage with internal customers without direction
- Focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Solid written, verbal, and collaborative communication skills
- Ability to partner with vendors and internal/external contacts to deliver technical solutions
- Must have appropriate skills with the standard workstation software utilized to perform daily duties, e. g., Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Actuarial Analyst (Intermediate) for Pricing Modernization – Remote – Colorado Springs, CO
Actuarial Analyst (Intermediate) for Pricing Modernization – Remote – Tampa, FL
Addiction Counselor (Hybrid Remote) – Middleburg Heights, OH
Addiction Counselor (Hybrid Remote) – Lorain, OH
Administrative Physician Fellowship – Hospital Medicine – Remote – Nationwide – Remote