Accounts Payable Clerk (3 Month FTC)
People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 254 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Leader, you will be involved in the day to day accounting and month end control functions and processes within the Menzies Aviation business. This role is ideally suited to a conscientious and motivated candidate who is looking to join a dynamic environment in an expanding business.
- Entry of invoices and matching to Purchase Order/ Receipt.
- Liaising with supplier to resolve AP queries.
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations.
- Carry out any ad hoc finance duties.
Safety, Security and Compliance
ALLemployees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
- Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience within either an Accounts Payable or Finance Assistant role
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to ensure timetables and deadlines are met.
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.
Please click apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact [email protected] The closing date for submissions is 12th December 2022.