Account Manager, Strategic
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We are Rippling’s sherpas – both for our customers and colleagues. We bring our customers along on the journey as we rapidly enhance and expand the first-of-a-kind employee management platform. We champion the voice of the customer within the company and take an entrepreneurial approach to the role. We're a growing team with massive personal development opportunities.
What you'll do
- Proactively engage customers in your book via key lifecycle events: “go live”, benefits renewal, executive business reviews, contract renewal, etc.
- You will field customer requests and lead initiatives in your book to meet company objectives for customer adoption, retention, and revenue growth.
- Consult with clients to understand their HR, IT, Finance, and global workforce management needs through a solutions-based selling approach
- Navigate a sales process by building relationships with multiple stakeholders through remote meetings
- Negotiate and coordinate customer procurement and contract execution
- Build and manage a pipeline of new subscription cross-sales, product upgrades, and contract renewals to quarterly targets
- Develop and demonstrate a broad knowledge of current and new Rippling products via executing customer adoption playbooks and prospecting
- Partner with your Technical Account Manager to devise account plans, long-term goals, and client strategies; and with cross-functional teams to ensure customer success and secure long-term commitments
What you will need
- 4+ years of SaaS experience in account management, sales, or quota-carrying customer success
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding quota via new product sales and upgrades (license expansion sales are not likely relevant)
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships (experience managing multi-year renewals)
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts – able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- High integrity; enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term
This role will receive a competitive salary + sales commission + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 2: $110,500/year
Tier 3: $110,500/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Account Manager – Remote
Account Supervisor – Medical Education – New Jersey, Remote – United States
Account Supervisor – Pharma (REMOTE – EAST COAST OR MIDWEST) – United States
Accountant – 3 Days Remote – Bloomington, MN
Accountant (HVAC Construction Contractor) – Remote