Account Manager, SMB
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We’re looking for a self-driven, growth-minded account manager with a proven track record of success to join our hybrid-remote US-based Account Management team. As an account manager on the SMB team at Rippling, you drive revenue to an ever-growing book of business. You will proactively manage and lead initiatives in your book to meet company objectives. Account managers in our SMB segment are demand-generation specialists who drive revenue across our largest customer segment. If a sales-driven Account Manager role in an extremely fast-paced environment ignites your excitement, you’re in the right place.
What you will do
- Proactively engage customers in your book via key lifecycle events: renewals, executive business reviews, stakeholder engagements, etc.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new subscription cross sales, product upgrades, and contract renewals to monthly targets
- Develop and demonstrate a broad knowledge of current and new Rippling products via executing customer adoption playbooks and prospecting
- Manage a strategic outbound selling process to generate top of funnel activity
- Navigate a sales process by using core sales discovery skills and driving deals to close
- Consult with clients to understand their HR, IT, Finance, and global workforce management needs through a solutions-based selling approach
- Negotiate and coordinate customer procurement and contract execution
- Partner with cross-functional product, support, and customer operations teams to ensure customer success and secure long term commitments
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role
What you will need
- 2+ years of experience in account management, sales, or quota-carrying customer success
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding quota via new product sales and upgrades
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success achieving in-put metric KPIs to drive results (Calls, Emails, Engagements)
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts – able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- High integrity; enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
This role will receive a competitive salary + sales commission + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $84,500/year
Tier 2: $78,000/year
Tier 3: $78,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Account Manager, Strategic – Remote
Account Manager – Remote
Account Supervisor – Medical Education – New Jersey, Remote – United States
Account Supervisor – Pharma (REMOTE – EAST COAST OR MIDWEST) – United States
Accountant – 3 Days Remote – Bloomington, MN