Account Manager, PEO
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We’re looking for a self-driven, growth-minded account manager with a proven track record of success to join our hybrid-remote US-based Account Management team. As an account manager at Rippling, you are the CEO of your book of business. You will field customer requests and lead initiatives in your book to meet company objectives for customer adoption, retention, and revenue growth.
Account managers in our PEO segment own revenue retention and growth of one our fastest-growing customer segments. If a sales-driven Account Manager role in an extremely fast-paced environment ignites your excitement, you’re in the right place.
What you will do
- Proactively engage customers in your book via key lifecycle events: “go live”, benefits renewal, executive business reviews, contract renewal, etc.
- Consult with clients to understand their HR, IT, Finance, and global workforce management needs through a solutions-based selling approach
- Navigate a sales process by building relationships with multiple stakeholders through remote meetings
- Negotiate and coordinate customer procurement and contract execution
- Build and manage a pipeline of new subscription cross sales, product upgrades, and contract renewals to monthly targets
- Develop and demonstrate a broad knowledge of current and new Rippling products via executing customer adoption playbooks and prospecting
- Partner with cross-functional product, support, and customer operations teams to ensure customer success and secure long term commitments
- Partner with Risk and PEO operations teams to ensure customer compliance
What you will need
- 3+ years of SaaS experience in account management, sales, or quota-carrying customer success
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding quota via new product sales and upgrades
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts – able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- High integrity; enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
This role will receive a competitive salary + sales commission + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $104,000/year
Tier 2: $97,500/year
Tier 3: $97,500/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
About the Team
The PEO Account Manager Team is the newest segmentation across Rippling’s Customer Success Team. This team is made up of a small group of core self-starters with a start up mentality. This team is unique in that it has both an Account Manager and Customer Success Manager mentality and serves a distinct customer base.
Account Manager, SMB – Remote
Account Manager, Strategic – Remote
Account Manager – Remote
Account Supervisor – Medical Education – New Jersey, Remote – United States
Account Supervisor – Pharma (REMOTE – EAST COAST OR MIDWEST) – United States