Account Manager (New England)
John Crane Inc
The purpose of this position is to develop new accounts to grow revenue and market share with existing accounts for service contracts as well as full product line spectrum.
Duties & Responsibilitiesn
- Grow market share by identifying new business opportunities and securing contracts with new customers.
- Manage assigned sales activities expenses within approved budget.
- Secure sales contracts within budgeted pricing guidelines and meet company standards for margins.
- Review price quotations, sales contracts, change orders and discounts before submitting for approval.
- Manage assigned key accounts and resolve service issues with clients.
- Manage all required sales reporting for assigned area such as aggregate and site/region specific forecasts, actual sales results, variance analysis and mitigation plans to eliminate negative variances.
- Provide weekly/monthly/90 day sales forecasts and explain variances to forecasts.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to identify new clients and opportunities to grow market share.
- Continually update industry, product, competitor, and market knowledge and provide information to Director Sales and Marketing.
- Upsell and expand revenue with existing clients.
- Coordinate Sales activities among regional engineering staff.
- Follow up on post sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction, and work with internal resources to address and resolve issues that resulted in unsatisfied customers.
- Address performance issues to continually enhance the overall quality and competence of the department.
- Identify frequent service failures to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable S. export control and security regulations.
- Provides Monthly reports, detailing territory activity
Diversity & Inclusionn
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years sales experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of products sold and serviced by the company including the application of those products
- Excellent people skills and ability to sell
- Demonstrated experience of achieving year over year sales growth
- Ability to manage a team of people with various job responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Starter and highly motivated to achieve results with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to develop presentations for customers and potential customers and present in a professional manner
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office suite and ERP systems
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Cranen
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.